The 21st Annual Dominican Republic Jazz Festival
5 Nights of Free Concerts Presented by The Ministry of Tourism
The Dominican Republic Jazz Festival is five nights of free concerts featuring lively performances at breathtaking venues in Santiago, Puerto Plata, Sosúa, and Cabarete Beach over Constitution Day weekend.
Since 1992, the oldest free music festival on the island has played host to an array of talented artists. While crafting the most important platform for the sharing of Jazz and Latin music in the Caribbean, it is said that the Dominican Republic Jazz Festival represents Latin Jazz at its finest.
It’s worth noting that when the Jazz Festival comes to Cabarete, the stage will be set up within short walking distance from our hotel making it the perfect place to book a room for the concerts happening in Cabarete.
Jazz Festival Date, Show Location, Country Dedication
Sunday, October 29, 2017 – Santo Domingo, Plaza España – France
- Big Band of National Conservatory of Music of Santo Domingo Featuring Alain Mallet (Dominican Republic / France)
- The Jazz Ensemble from Paris Conservatory Featuring Riccardo del Fra (France)
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 – Santiago, Centro Leon – Argentina
- El Eco with Guillermo Nojechowicz featuring Marco Pignataro, Brian Lynch, Helio Alves, Kim Nazarian & Fernando Huergo (Argentina, Brazil)
- Rafelito Mirabal & Sistema Temperado (Dominican Republic)
Thursday, November 2, 2017 – Sosúa, Amphitheatre Hotel Casa Marina – Israel
- Javier Vargas and Atre (Dominican Republic)
- Roni Eytan Quartet (Israel)
- Anat Cohen with the Berklee Global Ambassadors (Israel / USA)
Friday, November 3, 2017 – Puerto Plata, Independence Park – Brazil
- Guy Frómeta Trío (Dominican Republic)
- Trío da Paz (Brazil)
Saturday, November 4, 2017 – Cabarete Beach – United States
- George Garzone with the Berklee Global Jazz Ambassadors (USA)
- Sean Jones (USA)
- Brian Lynch (USA)
Sunday, November 5, 2017 – Cabarete Beach – Puerto Rico, Italy & DR
- Marco Pignataro “Almas Antiguas Quartet” featuring Alan Pasqua, Adam Cruz, Ehud Ettun (Italy, Puerto Rico)
- William Cepeda (Puerto Rico)
- Fefita la Grande and Special Guests (Dominican Republic)
Non-Profit Organization in Cabarete
FEDUJAZZ, the non-profit Education Foundation of the Jazz Festival, will be offering workshops and clinics to children from the closest “barrios” as well as specialized workshops for musicians. Every year many of the artists team up with FEDUJAZZ to give free workshops aimed at cultivating the musical motivation and cultural development of hundreds of local children. If you are interested in donating to the program that actually works all year round, you can read more about their goals in helping to raise graduation rates in the Dominican Republic and donate via their profile on GlobalGiving.org.
To find more detailed information on the 2015 Dominican Republic Jazz Festival visit drjazzfestival.com
Constitution Day Weekend in Dominican Republic
The first weekend in November is a long weekend because of Constitution Day. Due to this, the Dominican Republic Jazz Festival is scheduled over this holiday as well as the Encuentro Surf Classic. The Classics is the biggest surf competition in Dominican Republic, you can read all about it in our post about the event.